HALFTIME AUSTRALIA LTD (ACN 138 026 445) trading as HALF TIME AUSTRALIA
We respect your rights to privacy and we aim to always comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act1988 (the Act).
Throughout this document, we are referred to as Half Time Australia, we or us.
This document explains how we comply with the APPs when collecting, using, disclosing, and managing your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
The term personal information is defined in the Act.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. This generally includes information used to identify you such as your full name, address, date of birth, current employer, or contact details.
Personal information may also include sensitive information about you such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health, genetic or biometric information. In the case of the provision of our services, this can include statements about your personal life challenges and areas of interests.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information when you have contact with us. This includes:
- your access to and use of our website;
- when you complete any forms or documents provided by us when we request your personal information;
- your communications with us via email, post, fax or telephone;
- any conversations with us and/or our representatives.
We may collect personal information from others about you in these circumstances:
- when the information is available from publicly available courses;
- any other authorised parties (with your consent);
- where it is impractical or unreasonable to collect the information from you directly.
Why we collect your personal information?
We will use personal information we collect from you for the primary purpose of collection, which is to administer our relationship with you. This relationship includes your engagement of our services or to respond to any enquiries you have.
In addition to that, we may also use your personal information for other related purposes, which you would reasonably expect and this includes:
- sending you information relating to changes in the law to satisfy our legal obligations;
- updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
- keeping you up to date with our marketing and promotional material (See below for further information of marketing).
How do we use your personal information in relation to marketing?
We may use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing to you. We may provide you with information about relevant products and services offered by us from time to time. If you do not wish to receive these materials from us, you can opt out by contacting us.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
Your personal information will be provided to our service providers (for example, our coaches) where necessary to administer our services.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone overseas unless:
- you have provided consent;
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the APPs; or
- the disclosure is otherwise authorised by the Act.
How do we manage your personal information?
Personal information is stored electronically, on paper or both. We take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information including the physical security of our premises and use of passwords to restrict access to electronic records.
Who do you contact if you have an issue with your privacy rights?
The person responsible for privacy at Half Time Australia is our Privacy Officer. You can contact them in the following ways:
Email : Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail : Level 1, 285 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121
Phone : 1800 256 545
Is there anyone else you can complain to?
You can make a complaint about interferences with your privacy to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Their contact details are:
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666